Inspired cuisine, inspiring views
There’s nothing like dining with a view. As you move from course to course, the conversation drifts as the surroundings catch your eye. The tide rolls in and out; pelicans float by. In the foreground is a gourmet meal, thoughtfully made and elegantly served. It’s an experience that delights your taste buds—and your eyes.
Each day, you can savor:
- Hot breakfast buffet with food made to order
- Lunch and dinner with table service and salad bar
- Café service from 11 am to 6 pm in the Bistro
- Complimentary takeout options for all meals
- Ocean-view dining
- All-day dining available
Where would you like to go?
Whether you’re looking to get to an appointment or run a local errand, we have transportation options to get you there. Trips around San Diego and out to regional highlights happen regularly. Hop into the Gem Car, our safety-enhanced golf cart, for a quick ride into town where you can enjoy museums, restaurants, or a visit to Warwick’s, an iconic La Jolla bookshop.
Easy trips to local conveniences:
- Warwick’s Bookshop
- Athenaeum Music & Arts Library
- San Diego Contemporary Art Museum
- Restaurants in the Village of La Jolla
- Downtown San Diego
Your favorite furry companions
Pets are part of your life, so they’re a welcome part of our community. We host regular “Yappy Hours” – happy hours for the pet owners as the pets socialize on the putting green. We also offer the names and numbers of local dog walkers for those residents who are unable to exercise their pets. Be sure to ask about our pet policy when you visit.
- Plenty of paths to enjoy walks.
- A variety of plants and trees for sniffing.
- Pet friendly La Jolla Village, beach and Coast Walk.
Surrounded by friends
With more than 25 groups, Casa de Mañana has something for everyone. Residents run the library and the Food Committee. Those seeking the limelight can find it within Casa Chorale, the Theatre Group, or the weekly ukulele jam session. Book club and a gardening group bring hobbyists together, while intergenerational programs with UC San Diego connect residents with local college students.
There are over 25 resident-led clubs and weekly events:
- Casa Chorale
- Ukulele group
- Food Committee
- Visual Arts and Theatre Group
- Newsletter Committee
- Game nights: Ping pong, bingo, bridge, dominoes
- Outings to local hotspots and regional highlights
- Balboa Park
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- La Jolla Playhouse
- Carlsbad Cultural Arts Center
Feel revitalized and refreshed
La Jolla’s weather has a way of invigorating your every day, inspiring people to stay active—or try something new. With an array of options, you can find an approach to fitness that works for you. Make it a group experience by heading to one of the exercise classes held throughout campus, such as yoga in the courtyard. Keep it personal by working with one of our recommended trainers. Or, you can go at your own pace in the fully equipped fitness center open 24/7.
Try your hand at an exercise class:
- Yoga in the courtyard
- Tai Chi
- Water aerobics
- Chair exercise
Cultivate interests and ideas
Here, residents seek out ways to engage with their passions and discover new ideas. Visiting professors and local experts regularly lecture on topics ranging from the arts to innovation to current events. A wellspring of knowledge, residents run the library ensuring it has everything from latest reports to literature.
Pursue new passions or hone acquired skills:
- Great Decisions discussion group by the Foreign Policy Association
- Resident-led book club
- Current events by attorney and lecturer Rick Levine
- Religions of the World class by Casa’s chaplain
- Marine Biology by Marine Biologist Allison Albritton
- Lectures by visiting and resident experts
- Books on various topics in the resident-run library
Embrace the arts
Art fills life with purpose and inspiration. It brings people and ideas together. That’s why we prioritize the arts at Casa de Mañana. Residents feature their work in our Open House Exhibits. About a dozen residents are currently producing new pieces in our fully equipped Art Studio. Each week, we venture out to museums and performing art shows, supporting the community and feeding our own passion.
Enjoy a range of artistic experiences:
- Film series led by SDSU Professor Stuart Voytilla
- Graphic Design workshops led by Designer Lennart Kisner
- Casa Chorale
- Outings to regional performances
- Comedy Improv class
- Fully-equipped art studio
- Resident theater group